3 Hour Workshop – Supporting Trainees in Wales
This programme is available to all consultants and senior SpR/ST trainees. The workshop focuses on recognising issues and managing progression. Participants explore signs and triggers affecting progression, learn pathways of referrals and discuss techniques of supervising trainees with a variety of support needs. 3 CPD points.
Aims & Objectives:
- Develop skills in understanding progression issues and recognition of flags related to support needs
- Develop skills in effective supervision of trainees
- Develop skills in constructing specific educational plan with reasonable identified objectives and outcomes needed for satisfactory progression
- Knowledge of how to support a trainee with health or disability in the workplace and how to apply reasonable adjustments
- Role of Specialty Professional Support Lead and their responsibilities within each Specialty School
- Where to find information and resources on supporting trainees in Wales
Support Awareness for Trainees
Programme available to all trainees. The workshop focuses on how to maximise potential and avoid getting into difficulty. Participants explore signs and triggers of progression issues; learn of the support which is available as well as some helpful hints toward successful progression through training.